After 20 something years of using food grade Hydrogen Peroxide, we are still constantly amazed over its many uses…
Where to buy food grade H2O2
Garden of Eden
Store food grade H2O2 in a labeled UV protected bottle and place in a cool, dark, and safe place away from pets and children. H2O2 reduces in strength less than 1/2 of 1% per month when stored in a refrigerator (but not in a freezer!).
To make a 3% Solution, mix 1 oz. of 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide with 11 oz. of Distilled Water.
Some of the many uses of food grade Hydrogen Peroxide
- Sprouting Seeds: Add 1 ounce of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide into 1 pint of water and soak the seeds overnight. Add the SAME amount of Hydrogen Peroxide when you rinse the seeds. (Some people have reported 3/4 inch Sprouts in 24 hours!)
- Plants & Flowers: Add 1 oz. of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in 1 quart of water to water or mist plants. (This will enhance the growing environment)
- Insecticide Spray: Add 8 ounces white sugar and 4 – 8 ounces 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to 1 gallon of water.
Food and Water Storage
- Salad: Add 1 Tbsp. of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to 1/2 cup of water and spray the top of the salad before covering and refrigerating.
- Vegetable Soak: Add 1/4 cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide into a gallon of cold water. Soak light/thin vegetables (Lettuce, etc.) for 20 minutes. For thicker skinned vegetables (like Cucumbers) for 30 minutes. Drain and dry (they’ll keep longer). If time is an issue, you can spray vegetables with straight 3% Hydrogen Peroxide, let stand for a couple of minutes, rinse and dry.
- Milk: Add 2 drops of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide (full strength) per gallon of milk. This extends the expiration date considerably (works great for us!).
- Water Storage (For two months or more): Add 30-50 drops of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide in 1 gallon of water.
- Sparkly Clean Glassware: Add 2 oz. of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to your regular dishwasher washing formula.
- Kitchen: Keep a Spray Bottle of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide in the kitchen. Use it to wipe clean counter tops, inside your refrigerator and appliances.
- Washing/Laundry: Add 8 oz. of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to your wash instead of Bleach .
Health and Hygiene
- Bath: Add 1/2 to 1 pint of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to a full bathtub. ( Try not to use this close to your bedtime as the increased oxygen absorption may keep you awake.)
- Mouth and Teeth: Add enough 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to baking soda to make a toothpaste. Use 3% Hydrogen Peroxide as a mouthwash.
- Humidifiers/Steamers: Use 1 pint of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to 1 gallon of water.
** This page is updated often.
Please check this page again for more information about the many uses of food grade Hydrogen Peroxide.